Monday, July 25, 2005

3 WEEK BODY MAKEOVER - I AM BACK!

Seven weeks ago today I began a "3 Week Body Makeover" plan I found in the August 04 Prevention Magazine. That night my mother passed away. Needless to say, that not only started, but also ended, that plan all in one day. It seems the summer has flown by and life has been crazy but .... it is time to start again!

I love to walk and this plan just appealed to me as a way to tone up those flabby areas that no one really sees but me. (Thank the Lord!) I also know that I feel so much more energetic when I am in a regular exercise routine (which has not been the case recently). (So I started afresh today. It is my hope that blogging my progress will keep me accountable to my goal. My goal? Not to lose a certain amount of weight or take off a specific number of inches from any certain area (although both would be welcome by-products) but get myself into a healthier life style by using this plan as a kickoff.

The 2.2 mile easy walk was most enjoyable and the body-shaping exercises were not too bad until I got to the last one: pushups! I never had much luck doing them in high school and it does not appear I am much more successful now that I am in my 50's! But I "pushed" through to the end. Whew! One day down and only 20 to go!

I remember the physical discomfort this caused me the last time I started this exercise plan and yet I willingly did it again knowing what muscle pain lies before me tomorrow. Is this insanity?

I am just thankful I have the amenities of air conditioning and a treadmill to help me in this endeavor. The humidity, deer flies and mosquitoes would cause me even greater discomfort in the midst of my exercises and I would still have the muscles soreness to deal with the next day. You'd never believe that I love to backpack and rough it in the mountains, would you? Oh, well, I shall prevail!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home