Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I SHALL PREVAIL! DAY 3 ACCOMPLISHED!

I was in so much discomfort yesterday I wondered if I should take a day to rest today. I had to laugh at myself as I found myself going down steps literally one step at a time, reminding myself of some of my Kindergarten children who have done that, and I could hear myself saying, "Alternate those feet". But, alas, it was beyond my physical capabilities to do so! So I sat on the couch most of the day doing what I call "brain work" as I studied Teacher's Manuals to prepare for the oncoming school year. I even put ice packs on my legs last night for about a half hour or so. Then my hubby and I danced around the room a bit and it seemed to shake the muscles loose ... some. I took an Ibuprofen and Tylenol PM and literally fell into bed.

This morning I was shocked to find I could "alternate my feet" (barely, but I did it!) going down the steps. As I stepped on the treadmill I wondered if I would regret this day's routines but it actually felt good to be walking! The body shaping exercises are not that strenuous except for the pushups. (No, I am not yet ready to send a videotape to my son of that endeavor as he requested!) However, I actually made it through 10 pushups; and that was without securing my feet under the couch to help ... Yes, I confess! I did that Monday! Where there's a will there's a way! At least I did them!! 3 days down and 18 more to go. I shall prevail!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home