Friday, July 29, 2005

RETURN TO "NORMAL" MARRIED LIFE?


After 18 years of working on midnights (the graveyard shift) at a factory, my husband has finally secured a day turn position starting now! Well, it is actually effective Monday, August 1st, but he had a vacation day planned for today. We both are very excited but he is ecstatic! I cannot even fathom working that many years on midights, trying to "flip over" your sleep schedule for weekends, not being able to sleep well and truly rest most days, often unable to think clearly or function to the best of your ability ... going to bed when the those you love and the rest of the world are getting out of bed and starting their day. WOW! I hear there are a few souls in this world that truly enjoy that shift but many more abhor it. It changes a person. I realized that when my husband did have about 2 years on a special project in the midst of those 18 years that required him to work days. During those 2 years I rediscovered "my true love". We have worked hard on communicating since that time to make him aware of when he is "slipping away" into the numbness that accompanies midnight turn. It has been a long battle but it has been so worth it! I thank God for finally answering my prayer. I have no idea why His previous answer was always "Wait" but it is not mine to question why. He is in control. I have trusted Him through all the difficulties of my life and I know, without a doubt, that "all things work together for good to those who love the Lord" (Romans 8:28). I do know His grace is sufficient and when I was truly "at the end of my rope" (and my husband was too) the Lord gave him that special project to give us a chance to "regroup" and gain strength for the following years and all they would hold. God is good!

Our new Morton building started going up two days ago and it amazes me how quickly it is happening ... They make it look so easy! If you are interested, my husband has posted pictures of the progress on his site at Webshots.

And, finally, in reguards to my "3 Week Body Makeover Plan" ... I am still on target! I had to deal with some more soreness as I added some heavier weights into my routine but it is nothing like at the beginning. Two more days and I will be one-third of the way through!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY: If you want to be rich, count all the things you have
that money cannot buy. Go ahead, count your blessings! Name them one by one. Go with God!

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Congrats on your new marriage.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home