Monday, September 12, 2005

HEAVEN, HELP ME! A CLASSROOM FULL OF ORNERY BOYS!!!!


Today was my first day with my actual Kindergarten class I will be teaching this year. 25 children with 16 of them being boys ... and at least 5-6 ornery, active, talkative ... LOUD ... boys! My aide was pulled from my room to fill out paper work for the office during the morning when I needed her most ... I thought I was going to lose it! I felt so "out of control". It sure is a good thing I had an easy year with only 16 students last year ... otherwise I might have retired today with only 18 years of service! (smile)

Well, my principal came through for me and someone called in some extra "troops" to help me through about 45 minutes in the afternoon ... Then I felt I started getting back in control of the situation. I know it will be all right .. It's just this "training" time where the students test to discover my boundaries is going to be tough.

I rode my bike to take my hubby some water for his long run tonight after school. I don't know how he does it. I was whooped from riding my bike that far in the heat. He told me my "fatigue" is not from my morning exercise and/or the afternoon bike ride. I knew he was right. It is from the stress of this class I have to teach this year. If I wasn't exercising I probably would be far worse off since exercising always seems to lift my spirits.


Well, off to be at 9:30 AM so I can "rise and shine" and prepared for my little "angels" in children's clothing. "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13) This too shall pass .....

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

Previously on Cinematical
Kim saw East of Eden on the big screen , and also has news about Ron Howard reportedly directing a remake of the classic James Dean film.

Great blog! I'm bookmarking it as I write this!

By the way, I have a blog too. It gives useful information on everything to do with how to become a Radio DJ- from voicing commercials to creating your audition CD. It’s EASY and It’s FUN. Plus it’s a great way to pick up some extra cash. I’ll even show you where and how to find your first job!

Come check out my blog sometime, you’re sure to find some great hints and tips THAT ARE REALLY USEFUL to help you get on your way as a Radio DJ.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

I am glad you enjoyed my blog but I really only do it for self reflection and communicating with personal friends and family. Please do not "telemarket" on my blog and make it less enjoyable for me. Thank you.

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home