Friday, August 12, 2005

EMPATHY - SHARING ANOTHER'S EMOTIONS OR FEELINGS

Praying for blessings and comfort to all who share in the loss of a precious little angel.

Have you ever had someone say, "I know how you feel?" and you feel like screaming at them, "No, you don't know how I feel! You have never gone through what I am going through!"


I think many of us have. When I read Kelly's (my daughter-in-law's) blog today about a couple who lost a set of twins at, or close to, birth and just had a miscarriage, I knew that it was not just a normal passing on of a prayer request for that couple. I knew Kelly probably relived her loss of little Elijah, even as I relived my loss of our little Joshua James. In fact, when James and Kelly lost their little Elijah, I found myself often referring to him as "Joshua" when I spoke about him for probably a month after because I was grieving my loss once again while I was grieving theirs, and my new one as a grandparent, at the same time. If you have ever been pregant and carried a child any length of time, then lost it, you know the heart wrenching pain this couple is going through ... You can truly empathize. I don't know how people could survive such losses on this earth if they don't know the Lord ... I know that I couldn't have! I pray that this couple will find the comfort and peace that only God can give them through this painful time. And I pray that they will not give up, but "keep the faith" and one day hold a "little bundle of joy" in their arms.

Dear Jesus, take care of our little ones in Heaven and on earth. Amen.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home