Thursday, August 04, 2005

OVER HALF WAY THERE!

I am so excited to realize I have been able to stick with this exercise program and I am feeling better daily. Although I have lost very little weight I have built up my cardiovascular ability tremendously. Now I am trying to figure out what I will do when I complete this "3 Week Body Makeover" in order to maintain the improvements I have made in my overall health.

I've learned a lot about health over the past year since I subscribed to Prevention magazine. I know that any exercise program or diet cannot be a "fad" that comes and goes but must develop into being an overall new lifestyle. I started a change in the eating habits of my lifestyle well over a year and a half ago to eat mainly chicken and other white meats with very little red meat and to include a lot more fiber, fresh fruits and vegetables, along with 8-10 glasses of water a day ... and that alone has improved my overall health. Now all I have to do is add in a better maintainence walking program when this is completed.

Too bad I didn't start all of this when I was 20 years younger and it was a lot easier to lose weight and get in shape. I never realized how much my metabolism would slow down the older I got ... especially after 30. So, if you still are around that magical age and have some changes you want to make in your health and lifestyle, don't put it off like I did. Today is the day! This is a Grandma who plans to be able to take her grandkids backpacking when she is in her 60's and 70's!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home