Tuesday, August 02, 2005

WE CAN DO ALL THINGS ... THROUGH HIM WHO GIVES US STRENGTH!

Day 9 of my 3 Week Body Makeover has been completed! Unfortunately I left my book at the church last night so I had to do the Tummy Toning exercises from memory so I just added a few others I learned a long time ago from some physical therapy I had to go through.

I must be truthful. I do not know if I would have the energy or fortitude to complete this plan if I was working right now. I never realized when I chose my career of being a school teacher what a blessing it would become to me as I got older and just wanted a time of rest to "do what I want". Others went into their teaching careers with "summer's off" being one of their primary reasons. I always thought they were "crazy". I love to teach so much. But now I am really appreciating that benefit. Even though I do still work in the summer preparing for the upcoming year and sometimes taking workshops, I am in control of when and what I do in planning my daily schedules.

I recently became aware that my blogs are being posted as being completed 3 hours earlier than they are done. For instance, right now it is indicating I am up, have completed my exercises, and am ready to start my day all before 7:00 AM! That's cool! But it is actually 10:00 AM. I also realized this morning that I put my age in my blog yesterday as 53 when I am actually only 52. Most women lie about their age and say they are younger than they really are and here I went and made myself older! Unreal! Guess it is because I believe you never need to "act your age". You are only as old as you allow yourself to believe and feel in your heart. Age is no excuse for slowing down in trying new adventures and challenging activities. That, and hanging around with youth, is what will keep you young. Working with teens in the church and teaching Kindergarten have kept my eyes open to the simple, fun things of life. I plan to never change!

Well, the day awaits me! Our new building now has half of a roof completed so I am going to go take some more pictures.

"Help us O Lord our God, for we rest on You." 2 Chronicles 16:6-13

"No one is stronger than the one who depends on God." (Daily Bread July 18, 2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home