Thursday, September 01, 2005

FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL ALMOST COMPLETE!

Tomorrow will be the last day for our first Kindergarten Screening Week. We had 28 of the 55 enrolled Kindergarten children this week. Next week we will have the other 27. It looks like my class will have anywhere from 26-28 students and I would estimate that at least half of them will qualify for Title 1. This will be a great adjustment for me since I had my smallest class ever last year of only 16 students. It will be quite a challenge for me to try to help the Title 1 kids get the extra help they will need while I try to enrich the higher spectrum of my class. One child in my class is so "with it" that we are wondering if he could be a "child prodigy". I pray I can keep him challenged and help him grow to his full potential.

My "honey" is taking me away for the weekend so we can have a little "R&R". Church needs have been very demanding on us the entire month of August and we both are excited about "escaping" for a few days. We are even more excited as we realize that the day we return our son and family are coming in and we get to see our grandbaby Halle. We haven't seen her for 2 months ... since the week she was born. The pictures we have seen on hers and her mommy's blogs have been so helpful but not the same as "the real thing", ya know?

Yeah for Labor Day ... for us a chance to relax!

1 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Why do people have to "telemarket" on blogs? I wish they would at least leave this one part of the internet free from their "touches".

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home