Wednesday, August 23, 2006

PREPARING FOR SCHOOL

I have been spending every day this week in my classroom trying to prepare for those "little darlings". The room is looking pretty good ... It better since I spent 11 hours there yesterday alone! But the organization of the new Math series materials and grant materials that have come in over the summer is overwhelming me.

The next couple days seem to demand hours of sorting, packaging, organizing, and becoming familiar with tons of new manipulatives and activities that will make learning so much more fun and effective for my students. It is a good thing I enjoy that kind of stuff .. although I don't relish having to cram it all into this week. The administration would not allow us in until one week prior to opening day. They have no idea what that means to an elementary ... especially kindergarten ... teacher.

The good news is that there are only 32 students presently enrolled for 3 Kindergarten teachers to share! Whoopie!!! The Lord knows I need a "light" year after my worst year ever last year. It will be Awesome to have such a small class to work with as I familiarize myself with the new materials. God knows my every need and continues to supply beyond my wildest dreams ... Praise His Name!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home