Monday, June 05, 2006

BACK TO LIFE ... RELEASED FROM STRESS!

School has been out for a little over one week and I am just now beginning to "live" again. I have always bragged that "It's almost a crime to be paid to do something you just LOVE to do"! Well, during this past year of teaching Kindergarten, after 19 years in this profession, I could not say that. It was the most challenging, difficult class I have ever taught. Each child, individually, had a fun and energetic personality. But when all 25 of them were placed in the same classroom together the group dynamics brought out the worst in many of them (almost all of my boys, which was over half the class)so that they were a challenge almost every day of the entire school year. By the last month of school, I dreaded every day and just wanted it to be over. It's pretty bad when the teacher doesn't want to go to school. It seems strange that during that entire last month of school I struggled with ongoing laryngitis. If it had not been for being able to project my voices through my "surround sound" system, I would not have been able to teach. About 4 days after the kids were gone for the summer I started getting my voice back! Coincidence???? Two doctors had tried to treat me for seasonal allergies and sinus problems but nothing worked until school was out. It is strange how stress can cause our bodies to do weird things even when we don't THINK we are under undue stress. Oh, well ... SUMMER IS HERE! PRAISE THE LORD!!

I have decided to continue getting up early in the mornings with Jim at 6:00 AM to start my days. I have only missed that goal one day so far (today ... due to a long and busy weekend!) when I slept in until 6:30. It has been great to have plenty of time to exercise, have my devotions, and eat breakfast and still start in on my "to do" list by 8:30 at the latest! This is life! I often thank God for leading me into teaching as my profession. The older I get the more I appreciate those 3 months off for summer. I don't think I could handle a full time job year round. This also gives my honey a "stay at home" wife, which he always wanted, at least during the summer months.

Jim ran his second marathon (in Cleveland) and,despite the strong winds and coldness of the day, he beat his first marathon time by almost 2 minutes! I am so proud of him. Even more, I am so thankful he is trying to keep himself in good physical health. I would like to keep him around for awhile ... like my whole lifetime! (smile)

Well, I don't want to waste my day away on the computer so I better get started on my "to do" list for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home