Monday, January 09, 2006

CAN A FUNERAL SERVICE BE "BEAUTIFUL"???

Jim had the privilege of performing the graveside/funeral service for his old friend/fishing buddy, "Whitey" Shortz, this past week. I am still hearing feedback from so many people that I run into, both Whitey's relatives and his friends, who have described it as the most beautiful funeral service they have ever attended and they wish they had videotaped it. I wasn't able to be there but I feel I was because I have heard so much about it. Jim felt so honored to be asked to do it and it pleased him to know it was something that truly helped so many. He found such joy in being able to minister to people in our own local community ... many that he grew up with.

There are so many "needy" people right where we live ... family and friends alike. How I wish there was a way we could minister to them and help them in their search for happiness and inner peace. I pray that our lives will reflect Jesus in such a way that perhaps they can all come to realize where our hope, our comfort, our help, our strength, our joy, our inner peace, and our love all comes from ... from the great "I AM". Where would we be without Jesus?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home