Thursday, November 10, 2005

DROWNED IN GRADE CARDS AND CONFERENCES

Last night I was able to finally attack the huge mountain of papers, mail, books, magazines, etc. that had accumulated on our kitchen table over the past 3 weeks as I have been consumed in grade cards, preparations for Parent-Teacher Conferences, and "life" in general. I took everything off the table and plopped them all on my living room floor to sort through while I
"squeezed in" a movie (I'd practically forgotten we had a television!). Well, I got so absorbed in the movie "Cold Creek Manor", I got little accomplished. It felt so good to just "vegetate". Once it was over, I went back to work.

That was last night. I just got home from my first night of Parent-Teacher Conferences and walked into my living room to face the many piles of sorted "stuff" from my work last night. I think I will let it lay until Monday! (smile) I am going to my daughter's tomorrow so I want to get my lesson planning done and out of the way, get packed, and get some sleep.

I feel like I am beginning to come up for air from the sea of school demands that have been drowning me. I am so thankful to have a supportive, understanding husband through all this.
Well, off to lesson plans!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oh my goodness, Terri, I know exactly how you feel! I vegetated a little this weekend too after having dug out from under a pile of school work...only in my case it was assignments. And by the way, I was so happy to see you all last night, I've missed our group! Take care & God bless :-)

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home