Friday, October 14, 2005

A DAY TO "CATCH UP"

I often wonder, "Will life ever slow down?" Perhaps it is the class that I have this year (That's what my husband thinks) but I just can't seem to truly "catch up" no matter how hard I try. I started my day at 6:30 AM this morning (slept in a whole half hour on my "day off"!) It was good to be able to get my exercise, devotions and breakfast all done by 8:30 AM. Then I made myself close my eyes to the disarray of my home and close my ears to the inner part of me that can not stand such disorganization and I set down to devote myself to some "catching up" on school demands. Here it is shortly after noon and I feel I have only touched the "tip of the iceberg". Can one truly ever "catch up"??

I started thinking about what my husband said he had heard in a training session at work yesterday. Essentially, "Stress is caused when we don't take time to do those things we value as important." WOW! I immediately left my table and called my daughter-in-law. Then I sat down to blog a little. I will not loiter long, but I must "take time for me".

What do I value that I must take time for?
My Lord ... daily reading and meditating on His Word and talking to Him in
prayer. (It pleases me that, after struggling with this the
majority of my lifetime, I am finally prioritizing it as it should be
the past few years.)

My Family ... I do "okay" with this. I do best in "being there" for my husband.
I get stressed over not being able to "connect" as often as I'd
like with my children and grandchildren. I realize I am limited
in this area due to their busy schedules and demanding
responsibilities, as well as ours. We just have to keep trying!

My Church Family ... I have really failed in this area lately ... phone calls,
cards, visits I feel I need to make and I desire to make ...
but where is the time? This is also a Christian responsi-
bility I am failing on which I highly value!

"My Time" .... I long for ... NEED ... time for ME. Time to do "my thing"..... to
go for a walk just for the sheer pleasure of enjoying the outside
and all God has created ... to go for a bike ride with no
restrictions by time ... to spend time with my husband alone ...
to have the opportunity to read a book for the sheer joy of
reading let alone to read my Prevention magazines - the past 5
or 6 issues have not been opened! The list could go on and on...

Will "LIFE" ever slow down??? NO, I believe our culture ... our society ... will only continue to pressure us to a faster and faster pace. But this one thing I know ... When Christ returns or when He "takes me Home", whichever comes first, I will at last be away from all stress because He will set all my priorities straight and give me all I value ... all that will make me happy. He knows what I truly need and I trust Him to provide me with it!

Meanwhile, I will continue to keep on "keeping on", trying to prioritize my values and live above stress. I figure the best way I can do that is my keeping myself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually fit by starting EVERY DAY in HIS PRESENCE. Lord, place me where You want me today and open my eyes to the opportunities you give me to serve you. You are my life! Amen!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Terri, I think I know how you feel, and I want to thank you for telling me about this site. I started my own blog today too. I hope you guys have a good time visiting, we'll miss you and we love you.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home