Thursday, September 15, 2005

CHILDREN ARE UNPREDICTABLE!

Well, I thought I had my students under control after I gave them assigned seats on their second day in my class. I have never done that before in all my teaching career but it was either that or go insane! Well, the rest of that day was "heavenly" ... Well, at least close to that .. I just try to count my blessings. Then, yesterday, we were back to "rowdiness". I may have to change assigned seats at least every other day ... Who knows?

What causes a once "nice" child to suddenly go "out of control" on a given day. I had that happen with one of my students yesterday. He is a fun-loving, talkative, active little fellow. Once I got him assigned to a seat away from another instigator he did great. Then, yesterday, he was out of control and eventually led to punishment with the response of screaming in anger. I can't help but wonder what may have happened at home that set him off. Do parents realize how their actions and reactions to each other and their children will set the mood for the type of day they will have?

Well, I got up at 5:45 this morning, walked and talked with the Lord for 45 minutes, and am determined to have a good day. Lord, help me to give my students the love and understanding they need ... to be able to look, past their outward actions, to the heart that beats within them and nurture those hearts to their fullest potential. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" (Philippians 4:13)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home