Monday, September 19, 2005

MY "CHILD" PRAYS FOR ME!

A most amazing thing happened just now. I was just wrapping up my preparations for school and the phone rang. There on the other end was my "little girl", all grown up and ready to head off to teach a college class, saying, "Hi Mom. I called to pray for your day." WOW! What a joy to have my "child" identify with my frustrations of trying to find the balance of how to be a loving, kind, compassionate teacher and yet firm in demanding respect and self-control from my students! She has "been there and done that" and I know her heart knows the dilemma of my own. I feel empowered to face this day! Thanks, Sweetie, for blessing me with a prayer!

Love,
Mom

1 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Mom, I was talking to a lady in our church and she is encountering the exact same situation this year. She said, "Your mom and I need to talk because I am going crazy too."

Sunshine may be able to offer intelligent suggestions, but here is mine. I can come over someday and threaten those boys, and remind them they are messing with someone's mother. It could prove to be effective. Let me know.

You are an awesome teacher mom. It will turn out okay and this will probably end up being your favorite class ever. I love you.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home