Monday, September 04, 2006

RUN, BABY, RUN!!!

Jim found out about a 4 mile Labor Day run in Newton Falls yesterday at church. He decided it would be good for him to get it in before his marathon the end of this month so he registered and ran it today. He came in 28th of (I believe) 95 entrants ... I know it was at least 90. His time was 30:35 and he placed for the first time in his "running career", taking 3rd place in his age division (49-54). Next year he will be in the next age division!

I know he runs just for the joy of running and his goal is just to "complete the course" each time but it is a special joy for him (and me) when he not only completes the course but has the special bonus of actually placing. He won a T-shirt advertising the race itself - "Kiwanis 17th Annual Labor Day Run" - celebrating Newton Falls' Bicentennial (1806-2006). Unfortunately we did not know about it soon enough to tell our congregation but I am sure they will be proud of their pastor placing for the first time in a race held in their home town!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hooray for Pastor Jim!!! That is really something awesome, and we certainly are proud of him :-)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thank you so much Terri for all your love and prayers. I guess I should update you on the baby thing too--we're no longer trying. Partly because we don't think we're ready for another one at this time, and partly because of some physical problems I've been having that I'm scheduled to see the dr. about next Monday. And yes, I really would love to talk to you sometime, because there is so much that I need to sort of let off my chest and don't really have the right person. Hopefully we can meet sometime soon. Love you!!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home