Wednesday, September 27, 2006

TRANSITIONS .... LEANING ON JESUS
My son and his wife are going through a big transition in their lives right now ... I think it is much bigger than any they have had thus far in their married life. I remember going through such times in our own married life ... Times of uncertainty, and yet "God's peace"; Times of sadness, and yet joy; Times of apprehension, and yet excitement ... Knowing that: "God is in control" (and wondering what on earth He is up to!:), "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me", and "All things work together for good to those who love the Lord." Having the sweet assurance that when a "door closes", we need only look for a "window" that God has prepared for us to crawl through to "new adventures".
I have not met many that really enjoy change. But change is good. It stretches us, challenges us, and improves us. It helps us develop character and lean more heavily on Jesus when we have just "gotten comfortable" working by His side.
Change in our lives is rarely easy to go through, and it is even more difficult for us to watch those we love go through it. It is so good to know I can pray God's "umbrella of protection" upon my children and know He is faithful and will provide for them, no matter what comes their way. He will carry them. He will direct them. He will hold them in the palm of His Hand! Thank you, Sweet Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home