Wednesday, September 27, 2006

THREE DAYS AND COUNTING UNTIL HE'S OFF RUNNING AGAIN!

It is so hard to believe that my Sweetie is only three days away from running his third Marathon within one year. I am so proud of him. I never thought this would become a regular thing. I was thinking once he ran one he would be done. I mean, why would anyone want to run 26 and two-tenths miles once, let alone 3 times!?! Certainly not me. But I do love to walk and I guess if I ever got into walking 5K's etc. it might become a regular thing for me, too.

Anyways, Saturday is the day and I don't know which of us is the most excited. I must admit I get a bit nervous, knowing people die in these things all the time. And even though I know he "runs smart" using a heart monitor so as to not overtax himself, I still get concerned at times ... After all, he is over 50 now ... in fact, soon to receive those senior citizen discounts we have joked around about for so long!

Here's to my Honey that he might finish the race safely and have fun doing it!

2 Comments:

Blogger yasser said...

it is very good for the health too; i always admire people that get a hobby like that and are consistent about it

4:55 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Pastor Jim is awesome, and you are too! I hope all goes well Saturday, I'll be praying for you both :-)

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home